What are 5 things you can do for self-care daily?
- Keeping a manifestation journal
- Meditation and prayer time
- Taking naps or getting enough sleep
Bonus: Building Jig Saw puzzles
Exercise can help you feel better both physically and mentally. Taking a daily walk or doing yoga can be a great way to relax, reduce stress, and improve your overall health. Exercising doesn't have to just mean lifting weights and running on a treadmill; there are a lot of creative and out of the box activities that can get your heart rate up and provide a great workout. Here are some ideas:
- Stand-up paddle boarding: Not only is this a great way to get outdoors and enjoy the water, but it's also a great full-body workout.
- Roller Skating / Roller Disco: the ultimate form of self expression. for some the warmth and joy that goes along with roller skating can't be measured. * Rock climbing: This is a great way to challenge yourself and get your muscles working.
- A 30 day Challenge: stay motivated by signing up for a 30 day challenge. Connect with others while you get your heart rate up and get a great workout.
- Yoga: I love yoga. It's a great balance between working out your mind and your body. It is a great way to relax and get in touch with your body, and to work on your strength and flexibility.
- Acro-yoga: I hear you mentally saying ... what is this? If you have a partner and you all never have time together then this is something out-of-the-box to spice up you love life. Acro-yoga is an exciting activity that combines the acrobatics of yoga with the art of partner balance. It's a unique way to challenge your body and mind, while having fun with someone else at the same time
Journaling/Writing down your thoughts
Journaling: Writing down your thoughts and feelings can help you process them in a healthy way. Even if writing is not your thing you can just make a list of 5 things that didn't blow up your day or 5 moments that made you laugh, that's a start. Keeping account our your day is also a great way to track your progress and gain insight into yourself.
Meditation and Prayer Time
Taking time each day to meditate can help you reduce stress and anxiety, improve concentration, and promote feelings of peace and wellbeing.
Exfoliating is a wonderful and easy way to practice self care - not only can it help you physically by removing dead skin, but psychologically as well. Consider a small act of kindness towards yourself by adding exfoliating to your daily shower routine. Exfoliating has many benefits including boosting your self confidence because your skin looks and feels so good!
Taking naps or getting enough sleep
Sleep helps your body recover and renew. If you are not an early to bed person - don't worry you are not alone. According to a 2013 Gallup poll. 40 percent of Americans get less than seven hours of sleep a night. A healthy adult should aim to sleep 6-8 hours a day but even if you can't seem to get in those long stretches of sleep, just stealing a 20 minute nap during the middle of the day can be a boost to your system. Making sure you get enough sleep can be key for maintaining good physical and mental health.
Building Jig Saw puzzles
Doing puzzles is not only fun but it’s also an effective form of self-care. It helps reduce stress, improve concentration and focus, and keep the brain healthy.
Whats your Routine
These are just a few of the out of the box activities that can be a form of exercising. So don't be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to getting a great workout.