Trick or Treat?How Halloween can be good for your mental well being
On the fence about Halloween? Here are some points that can tip you over:
- Halloween can be a great time for creating memories with your kids. Taking your kids trick or treating around the neighborhood can be a bonding experience.
- Dressing up and attending a party is a great way to release stress and relax while getting to know others
- Walking door-to-door is a low impact physical activity. You can get in your 10k steps and be social with your neighbors.
- If you are trick-or-treating at night some benefits include
- Walking at night increases your metabolism,
- Aids digestion,
- Improves blood circulation
- Induces sleep
- Be social
- Research shows that those who have strong social relationships tend to have a longer lifespan than those who prefer to be isolated and alone.
- Being involved in a social activity can be mentally therapeutic
- Being social lowers your risk of memory loss and Alzheimer disease.
- Candy is not the only thing you need to handout. If you want to keep things healthy but fun give small tokens of appreciation or useful items. Bath bombs make a great treat as they encourage fun and relaxation. Kids love bath bombs and will be super excited to end the evening with a nice warm bath.