On the fence about Halloween? Here are some points that can tip you over:
- Halloween can be a great time for creating memories with your kids. Taking your kids trick or treating around the neighborhood can be a bonding experience.
- Dressing up and attending a party is a great way to release stress and relax while getting to know others
- Walking door-to-door is a low impact physical activity. You can get in your 10k steps and be social with your neighbors.
- If you are trick-or-treating at night some benefits include
- Walking at night increases your metabolism,
- Aids digestion,
- Improves blood circulation
- Induces sleep
- Be social
- Research shows that those who have strong social relationships tend to have a longer lifespan than those who prefer to be isolated and alone.
- Being involved in a social activity can be mentally therapeutic
- Being social lowers your risk of memory loss and Alzheimer disease.
- Candy is not the only thing you need to handout. If you want to keep things healthy but fun give small tokens of appreciation or useful items. Bath bombs make a great treat as they encourage fun and relaxation. Kids love bath bombs and will be super excited to end the evening with a nice warm bath.
So the bright side of Halloween is that it is good for your mental well being. And the best part is at the end of the evening you can come home and treat yourself to a well deserved indulgent soak. Get your soul balms today!